I am in LOVE with the little Marshmallow Mugs that are popping up in holiday displays everywhere! A wonderful customer and friend of mine, Eileen, asked me to create a set of Valentine’s Day toppers for her mini cocoa mugs. Check out her amazing display!
Tools and Materials:
st – slip stitch
st – stitch
sts – stitches
hdc – half double crochet
hdcinc – half double crochet increase (two hdc in the same stitch)
This pattern is worked in the round without joining.
The stitch marker will help you keep your spot so the pattern will move quickly! Place the marker in the 1st stitch of each round.
Velvet Kisses Marshmallow Mug Hats Crochet Pattern
- Create a secure knot starting loop or a magic circle.
For the secure knot, create a starting loop just a little bigger than normal to accomodate the first round.Then loop the tail and working yarn into another half knot as pictured below and pull tight.
Now your starting loop will not stretch out as you work the pattern.
- Round 1: Chain 3, 6 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. (6 sts)
- Round 2: (Hdcinc, hdc) repeat 2 more times. (9 sts)
- Round 3: (Hdcinc, hdc 3) repeat once more,
hdc in last st. (11 sts)
- Round 4: (Hdcinc, hdc 3) repeat once more, hdcinc,
hdc in last 2 sts. (14 sts)
- Round 5: (Hdcinc, hdc 2) repeat 3 more times,
hdcinc, hdc in last st. (19 sts)
- Round 6: (Hdcinc, hdc 2) repeat 5 more times,
hdc in last st. (25 sts)
- Round 7: (Hdcinc, hdc 4) repeat 4 more times. (30 sts)
- Rounds 8-11: Hdc in each st around.
- Sc in next 2 st, sl st in next 2 sts, fasten off, weave in ends.
Finishing your Velvet Kisses Mug Hat:
Pull a kisses paper strip through the opening in the top of your hat, about halfway through, depending on how much you want to stick out of the top.
Turn the hat inside out. Using your hot glue gun, dab a small amount of glue on the inside of your hat, right near the top, and carefully press the kisses paper into the glue. You won’t need much to hold it as these are for decoration. Flip the hat right side out and enjoy your cute little mug hat!
Now you have your own adorable little mug hat for Valentine’s Day!
I would love to see pictures of your finished Marshmallow Mug Hats. Please tag me on facebook and Instagram @CrochetBossOnline, and use the hashtag #velvetkissesmughats