I finally did it! Many crocheters have asked for an easy pattern to make cute hats for mini marshmallow mugs. These adorable mini cocoa mugs make the perfect addition to your holiday or special event display or tiered tray. Here is the pattern I created for the basic hat to fit the 2.5″ mugs shown. You can pick up your own set of Marshmallow Mugs here.
The color combinations are endless!
- st / sts – stitch, stiches
- hdc – half double crochet
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
Pick up your own set of adorable Marshmallow Mugs!
- Round 1: Working in magic circle, hdc 13, sl st to 1st hdc to join. (13)
- Round 2: Ch 1, (hdcinc, hdc) repeat around, hdc in last st, sl st to 1st hdc to join. (19)
- Round 3: Ch 1, (hdcinc, hdc2) repeat around, hdc 2 in last 2 sts, sl st in 1st hdc to join. (26)
- Rounds 4-7: Ch 1, hdc in each st around, sl st to 1st hdc to join. (26)
- Round 8: Ch 1, sc in each st around sl st to 1st hdc to join. (26)
- (add another round of sc if you want your hat to be taller)
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
I can’t wait to see the creative ways you come up with to display your mugs.
Tag me @crochetbossonline with your cute new Marshmallow Mug Hats!